I’ll admit, I semi jacked this recipe from Pinterest. With all the different pumpkin spice items popping up in grocery stores this time of year, it can get awfully disappointing to be vegan. Except that when you’re a vegan, you usually have the mad skills to use REAL ingredients like REAL pumpkin and spices, instead of artificial flavorings, to make ACTUAL FOOD. This recipe uses real pumpkin, protein powder, and soy milk, to up the protein count. It honestly has almost a pudding like taste, and feels more like a nice fall treat than a shake!
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 frozen banana, small to medium size
- 3/4 cup unsweetenen original soy milk
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice blend (usually includes cloves, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon)
- pinch of ground ginger
- more cinnamon to top with
Throw everything into the blender! If you like a thinner shake, use ice instead of banana. Top with more ground cinnamon or if you don’t give a darn, a little coconut whipped cream. This will also bring down the calorie count. One serving will give you about 19 grams of protein and is about 235 calories. Now bring on the sweater weather!