I have been using this chocolate chip cookie recipe for a few years now, it is a Christmas favorite! They do not really flatten out or get crunchy and brown like a traditional chocolate chip cookie, they are fluffy and kind of remind me of a scone. They are VERY easy to make and require no odd ingredients. You can also tweak them to make them peppermint flavored, that is my all time favorite way to enjoy them!
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil or vegan margarine (depending on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp of mint extract for mint cookies!!)
- 1/2 cup soy milk, vanilla soy milk, almond milk, or water (depending on your preference)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl mix
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and set the bowl aside.
In a medium size bowl mix
- 3/4 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil or vegan margarine (I use earth balance original)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soy milk, vanilla soy milk, almond milk, or water
I mix everythin up with a fork with no issues, anytime I do not have to dirty egg beaters is a great thing to me! Once everything is mixed, use a small ice cream scooper to make your cookies, and then press the tops to flatten them a bit. These cookies DON’T SPREAD much at all. I can fit 12 on a sheet, makes about 24! And whatever dough is left is safe to eat, BECAUSE VEGAN. I cook them in the oven for 15 minutes, or until you see the bottom sides start to brown. They look pale but trust, they are cooked! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!